Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Live and Let Live Article!






The Oman Daily Observer of May 30th 2010 - Between Us Only! Column.

The Oman Daily Observer of Sunday May 30th 2010,

Between Us Only!

Live and Let Live!


Those of you that think they know; they are upsetting us that really know! – Anon

In all my writings, this has always been my main theme and focus in my life – Live and Let Live!. This is what is the main problem issue that is facing the society and the world today. This outlook and focus in life that you are always the one who is more important and superior because you think you have something others do not have. Or something that you can do – and the other one cannot! Or something particular and or special that applies to you – and the other side have not.

Or that you are always correct, ethical, principled, professional etc – and you deceive yourself in the process in giving yourself extra plus points and in facing others – when in truth it is all deceit and a pack of lies and wrong perception of your own self, image and standing. Why don’t you allow others to judge you in reality – instead of self deception, aggrandising and wrong assessment of oneself?

In my life, I have met people that I have had the greatest pleasure to meet and interface with – being really nice, decent and good in the real sense of the word people. The same people that I may have had to salute if I were in uniform. And I have met in my estimation low end of the scales that want to behave like them – because they have now a few coins in their dishdashas or in their trousers’ pockets. I have met people where my instinct and bases scream – here comes trouble – and I have to outdo myself to remain cool, collected, stable, polite, cordial and amicable – and that puts a lot of stress and pressure on me as a person - with my age and state of health now!

The worst kind of people I find are those that do not allow you to speak at all – or to express your views, ideas and outlooks. For example, if you started saying about my books, they will jump on you saying who cares – we are not interested to hear you tell us anything about this – and who gave you the rights to speak as us – when it is only you saying it? And the others are confused on how to react to that outburst? The other type worst are those that can NEVER SAY SORRY – I made a mistake – or forgive me – too proud, conceited and haughty to say so!

I met this someone BIG at this Job Interview place - who was addressed as educated Dr (Ph.D) - but he was behaving too badly, crudely and abruptly for his title – because he first of all told me point blank face to face that I was praying wrongly (after seeing me!) – and second if I was a real Believer why did I want to know if my daughters and wife could drive at the location - if I got the job? For him, he was right in his perception and outlook that women should NOT be allowed to drive – and he was imposing his thoughts and ideas to others – and they MUST accept it too – hook, sinker and bait! No wonder I did not get the job!

There is this mean vicious streak that some of us are very good at – just preventing and stopping others in what they are doing or want to do - because we cannot be like them – or just the mean streak in us! Some people take great sadistic pleasure to ‘punish and reign in on others and in fixing others for good’. Actually they are just deluding themselves – live in a dream and fantasy world - and need to come down from their ‘high horses’ – and change their attitudes and approaches to life – specifically their attitudes of being so dastardly, mean, vicious, condescending, patronizing, demeaning and belittling! And taking things for granted and surety – because Nothing in Life is Permanent – except Death!

Besides, people Do Not Want to hear or to be told The Truth – or for it to be told to others – and to push all the dirt under The Carpet – so to speak! I am not cut that way – and Never Will Be! We need to open our eyes and deep self analyse – deep soul search ourselves – what we are doing now! Do not wait till the time when The Lord Will ask you!
Take Care!

By Majid Said Nasser Al Suleimany


WEBSITES


NEW - www.betweenusonly.wordpress.com

www.majidbooks.com

www.alsuleimany.com

www.mas-trac.com


E-Mails

majidsnalsuleimany@hotmail.com

majid@mas-trac.com

No comments:

Post a Comment